4.5K views

This company does not have a clear understanding of the equipment they are selling. I spent over $1k on equipment to try them out.

There was a clear understanding of what was included in the purchase when selecting the item. When the equipment arrived it was missing $168 in equipment.

They admitted they provided the wrong information about the item, then blamed the manufacture for them not being aware of what they were selling. I followed up directly with the manufacture and they made it clear this was G&R's fault and not the excuse of it being a recent change that I was being led to believe.

After several attempts to ask for the item or a store credit. G&R offered to return the item for a restocking fee even though they admittedly, in writing, misrepresented the item when they were accepting my payment.

In their last email they informed me my only option was to return it for a restocking fee and if that did not interest me then do not bother emailing back.

Had an Experience with G and R Tactical?

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #1133858

Hello everyone,

I'd like to share my experiences with G&R Tactical as well, and it was not a good one.

On the 26th February, 2016, I ordered a Sig Legion 229 from them.

Now this is not a cheap pistol. I placed the order through GunBroker, and it was supposed to be brand new, and shipped via 2 day air. After I won the bid, I called to give them my credit card information. I informed them that my FFL is open Wednesday through Saturday's, so it was really imperative that the gun get out on time.

I was leaving for a work trip for 2 days, March 8th and 9th, and on the 10th, leaving to Dubai for 10 days on holiday.

On Tuesday 1st March, my card had still not been charged and no shipment. I called them again, explaining the fact that I will be travelling in the next week, and the opening times of my FFL. They charged my card, but shipped the gun UPS Ground.

(Their ad stated 2nd day air, which is what they charged me for). I called Grant again, and let him know that ground will make the delivery of the pistol on Monday 7th. My FFL is not OPEN on the 7th! This would make the earliest pickup on the 9th, which I'm away.

They offered to call UPS to upgrade the shipping.

At this time, I contacted UPS just because I needed to know what to do. They could not upgrade until the package went BACK to the shipper, then they may reship. I asked Grant to send out a replacement, but he didn't want to do so. On Thursday 3rd March,...

At this time, I sent two emails to G&R to cancel my order.

I also contacted GunBroker customer service stating that I would like to cancel the order based on seller's failure to come through. I tried to call G&R 5 times, no answer. There was no answer to my email as well. G&R replied that they will prompt the seller to issue a refund, and we would be done.

I went to Osage County Guns, a dealer I have dealt with quite a few times. Osage KNOWS customer service well, and was able to get a Sig Legion 226 sent to me for next day delivery. Long story short, I called Osage at 1430 on Thursday 3rd, and got my pistol the afternoon of Friday 4th! G&R ignored my request and shipped the Legion.

I called UPS and got it returned to sender. Fast forward... G&R never processed my refund, so I successfully disputed with my bank USAA. Grant then sends me a nasty, unprofessional email email, stating that I was wrong in processing a dispute, etc.

He stated in his email that I am lucky that I didn't do this with a local vendor, or else they would have shown up to my house and punched me in the mouth. At this point, I am willing to pay for an airline ticket for him to show up at my house. :) These guys are frauds, they're unprofessional and lack ANY kind of customer service. They state that they are a disabled veteran owned business, but feel as though they can do whatever they want and everyone should be happy with that.

I HIGHLY ADVISE against doing business with this company.Sincerely, Sean

Houston, Texas, United States #1133856

Hello everyone,

On the 26th February, 2016, I ordered a Sig Legion 229 from them.

They offered to call UPS to upgrade the shipping.

At this time, I sent two emails to G&R to cancel my order.

I HIGHLY ADVISE against doing business with this company.Sincerely, Sean

G&R Tactical stole money from me.BUYER BEWARE!!

or you too will be a victim.Shady business practices.

I just received a barrel i purchased from G&R tactical and i must say i am pretty UPSET!it was listed on the site as "new, factory sealed, colt 14.5 inch SOCOM barrel" well it is a colt, it was sealed, and it was 14.5 inches, but thats where the rest goes to ***.

the bag it was sealed in had a number written on it in black sharpie, and had a printed number in the bag as well as a printed date of 3/2013. the barrel has a date stamped on it of 6/14.

first thing i noticed taking it out of the bag was carbon fouling at the end of the muzzled, upon further review the whole barrel was lined with that grey color that i only see on my other colt when i run a couple thousand rounds through it and put it away without cleaning it for a while.the rifiling is non existient and the *** thing is almost a smoothbore, i am so pissed right now!

Jackson, Mississippi, United States #714385

I don't know Grant and can't speak to his character personally, but I had an issue ordering from him as well.I bought a S&W M&P 9c from him a couple of years ago.

When it arrived, it was with 2 ten rd mags instead of the twelve rd mags that it showed on his site. I called and pointed it out, and he would not send me the correct mags until I returned the others. Ok, I get that. However I had to pay for the shipping for his mistake.

Haven't ordered from him since.That could've been handled much better on his part.

San Diego, California, United States #700182

Yep just bought an ar15 from them.Grant at g&r tactical is in complete denial.

If you have an issue he will probably tell you what he told me (not his fault). I'll never buy from them again. Plus I emailed him asking about my order status and would just tell me over and over to check my spam folder instead of just providing me the info. Wasted my time and his.

Ask for a copy of my invoice and he said it shipped with rifle instead of just sending me the *** invoice. No invoice was found with rifle. I received a Daniel defense rifle and it looked like it was a display model or something. Dust was all over this thing.

No big deal u might say? I didn't pay for a display model. I sent him several emails back a forth about my purchase and I asked to exchange it. No dice.

He actually called me a liar and picked apart my email so make it sound like he was right. I sent him pictures and he actually said nicks and scratches are normal.

I couldn't believe it.Daniel Defense is taking the rifle and replacing it.

Shreveport, Louisiana, United States #671759

Grant gave me the best service Ive ever had. I accidentally ordered two of the same thing and he caught it before it went though and notified me within 5 minutes of the order and answered several more questions by email within minutes of them being asked and the product was shipped within 24 hours. Excellent service.

Houston, Texas, United States #617504

Nothing but good things to say about Grant. He's always been extremely helpful and takes the time to answer questions directly and thoroughly. Sorry you had a bad experience.

seems great to deal with but i would have to say is a little dishonest.is a true business man i bought a m&p 15-22 mag on gunbroker $85 shipped said he had more if i wanted them for that price but no extra shipping. but he is out of stock at g&r tactical of the same things that are $22 there.seems to be taking advantage of the current buy it all up scare

Orlando, Florida, United States #613306

I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars at G&R tactical, corresponded countless dozens of times with Grant, and have had several (more than 2) close friends by entire AR15's from him, in addition to myriad accessories for their guns.

NONE of their or my experiences have mirrored those of the complainer who posted the above issue. I'll wager that Grant has crapped-out more knowledge about guns than this guy ever knew and that the person who misunderstood what was actually happening was THIS GUY and not Grant.

There's no other reason for this complainer to NOT MENTION any of the specific parts he ordered from Grant, unless he is afraid that we will pick-apart what he did for all the world to see.

I'm calling BS. Grant is a man of his word and has gone above and beyond for both me and my friends on every purchase.

Also, I'm a cop and a grown man and I don't think Grant has the ability to force me to do ANYTHING that I don't already want to do. Much less lie about a favorable review. It's not like I'm getting paid to sit here and peck at my keyboard for cryin out loud. But, such is the level of service that he provides that I felt inclined to opine so I could throw the BS flag on this "review".

Let's see the specifics of the parts ordered and emails exchanged. I bet he aired this on some gun-forums and got banned for lying. 8)