G and R Tactical - Do not trust G&R Tactical

Issue not resolved

This company does not have a clear understanding of the equipment they are selling. I spent over $1k on equipment to try them out.

There was a clear understanding of what was included in the purchase when selecting the item. When the equipment arrived it was missing $168 in equipment.

They admitted they provided the wrong information about the item, then blamed the manufacture for them not being aware of what they were selling. I followed up directly with the manufacture and they made it clear this was G&R's fault and not the excuse of it being a recent change that I was being led to believe.

After several attempts to ask for the item or a store credit. G&R offered to return the item for a restocking fee even though they admittedly, in writing, misrepresented the item when they were accepting my payment.

In their last email they informed me my only option was to return it for a restocking fee and if that did not interest me then do not bother emailing back.

d53c105 review #161005
38 Helpful? 191
Had the same issue16 Comments71 Report
Had an experience with G and R Tactical?  Submit review about this company
J B

Sep 09, 2013 Jackson, Mississippi

I don't know Grant and can't speak to his character personally, but I had an issue ordering from him as well. I bought a S&W M&P 9c from him a couple of years ago. When it arrived, it was with 2 ten rd mags instead of the twelve rd mags that it showed on his site. I called and pointed it out, and he would not send me the correct mags until I returned the others. Ok, I get that. However I had to pay for the shipping for his mistake. Haven't ordered from him since. That could've been handled much better on his part.

Aug 15, 2013 San Diego, California

Yep just bought an ar15 from them. Grant at g&r tactical is in complete denial. If you have an issue he will probably tell you what he told me (not his fault). I'll never buy from them again. Plus I emailed him asking about my order status and would just tell me over and over to check my spam folder instead of just providing me the info. Wasted my time and his. Ask for a copy of my invoice and he said it shipped with rifle instead of just sending me the *** invoice. No invoice was found with rifle. I received a Daniel defense rifle and it looked like it was a display model or something. Dust was all over this thing. No big deal u might say? I didn't pay for a display model. I sent him several emails back a forth about my purchase and I asked to exchange it. No dice. He actually called me a liar and picked apart my email so make it sound like he was right. I sent him pictures and he actually said nicks and scratches are normal. I couldn't believe it. Daniel Defense is taking the rifle and replacing it.

TBJ

Jun 29, 2013 Shreveport, Louisiana

Grant gave me the best service Ive ever had. I accidentally ordered two of the same thing and he caught it before it went though and notified me within 5 minutes of the order and answered several more questions by email within minutes of them being asked and the product was shipped within 24 hours. Excellent service.

Shao

Mar 03, 2013 Houston, Texas

Nothing but good things to say about Grant. He's always been extremely helpful and takes the time to answer questions directly and thoroughly. Sorry you had a bad experience.

dwightla

Feb 23, 2013

seems great to deal with but i would have to say is a little dishonest.is a true business man i bought a m&p 15-22 mag on gunbroker $85 shipped said he had more if i wanted them for that price but no extra shipping. but he is out of stock at g&r tactical of the same things that are $22 there.seems to be taking advantage of the current buy it all up scare

Grant's Customer

Feb 23, 2013 Orlando, Florida

I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars at G&R tactical, corresponded countless dozens of times with Grant, and have had several (more than 2) close friends by entire AR15's from him, in addition to myriad accessories for their guns.

NONE of their or my experiences have mirrored those of the complainer who posted the above issue. I'll wager that Grant has crapped-out more knowledge about guns than this guy ever knew and that the person who misunderstood what was actually happening was THIS GUY and not Grant.

There's no other reason for this complainer to NOT MENTION any of the specific parts he ordered from Grant, unless he is afraid that we will pick-apart what he did for all the world to see.

I'm calling BS. Grant is a man of his word and has gone above and beyond for both me and my friends on every purchase.

Also, I'm a cop and a grown man and I don't think Grant has the ability to force me to do ANYTHING that I don't already want to do. Much less lie about a favorable review. It's not like I'm getting paid to sit here and peck at my keyboard for cryin out loud. But, such is the level of service that he provides that I felt inclined to opine so I could throw the BS flag on this "review".

Let's see the specifics of the parts ordered and emails exchanged. I bet he aired this on some gun-forums and got banned for lying. 8)

0 4 Reply
Dwikks

Feb 15, 2013

I think its pretty obvious that Grant(G&R tactical) went on the forums and instructed people to come post nice replies about him on here.

I can promise you he is a terrible person to work with. He is a horrible business man and I personally will NEVER shop with them again.

Shao

Jan 30, 2013 Houston, Texas

Grant is a fantastic guy to deal with. I ordered a Geissele G2S from G and R and lost hammer pin retaining D clip. He tracked me down from the forum I had posted in and immediately offered to replace it. Have placed two orders with absolutely no problems.

Bowyer

Nov 09, 2012

Great guy to do business with. I bought a aimpoint and DD micro mount for $559.00. The sight alone usually goes for almost $600.00

Talk to him on the phone and he answered all my questions. Shipped when he said and recieved items like I was supposed to.

Overall I had a good experience. Hopefully that will continue.

Officer Mallett

Sep 11, 2012

I can say that I have only had 1 purchase with Grant( G&R Tactical) and it was the best purchase experience I have ever had with a gun dealer. I have been in Law Enforcement for almost 17 years, and I will be going to G&R Tactical for everything from this point on!! NO HASSLE....EXATLY WHAT WAS ORDERED AND HE DILIVERED......AND SEVERAL DOLLARS CHEAPER THAN ANY COMPITITION I MIGHT ADD....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

The War Wagon

Apr 29, 2012

I've done thousands of dollars of business with him over the past 4 years - never a hiccup. He's also helped me with some advice on church security matters, and I've done some rudimentary carbine training under him.

If you're trying to get something for NOTHING out of him, good LUCK with THAT. That's NOT a sustainable business model, and Grant isn't in business to lose money. You GET what you pay for, Grant usually has it at competitive prices, and he delivers promptly. No complaints here!

jmp45

Feb 23, 2012

I've done numerous transactions with Grant, never any issues. He's always gone way beyond what would be expected in communication, service and pricing. He's the first I go to for anything related and will continue to be. I recommend him also.

TopTierAR'sOnly

Feb 23, 2012

Never had a problem with Grant. Great guy to deal with. This negative review stinks of the very *** that makes me avoid the Bushmaster, DPMS, Olympic, and Stag Arms fandorks over at arf.com. Don't hesitate doing business with G&R. This is clearly something started by someone trying to ruin a good business.

chadbag

Feb 23, 2012

I have done business several times with G&R Tactical. Always a pleasure and Grant really knows his stuff.

gandrnotgood

Feb 07, 2012

I've had multiple problems with this guy.....His business is run poorly, if you have a problem he will not remedy even when he is at fault. He likes to run his mouth on various websites bashing multiple manufacturers. Shipping is slow and website is antiquated.

1 0 Reply
ScrewedBuyer

Jan 13, 2012

I'd have to agree with your only as good as the order you are NOW placing with him.
Forget past money spent with him.

I'm not an arf.com fanboy just read one of his last posts on m4carbine telling a user to wait to sell his M&P till the election gets closer then he can sell it for more.

Read his own words.

Even that op said he wasn't looking to screw anyone over just sell a pistol that he no longer wanted.

Kevin Kehoe

Jan 06, 2012

Grant is a Hardon.

I have spent Thousands with Him. I was buying an LMT MWSF 308 from there to Modify and send to NY.

He broke my balls and told me I was wasting his time and he would never take my business again.

All this occurred because I could not get a increase for My maximum daily credit Limit.
He kept telling me he had no idea what it was I was talking about so get lost. 3k so far last year and them get lost. All because the arrogant fool did not want to do something for his customer.

All because he did not know or understand so I wasted his precious time and My money.

All because he did not comprehend that Teachers Federal visa needed his address and the Amount to verify and increase my daily limit.

Forget him, he can do good work but he is not deserving because of his supreme arrogance!!!!

Caveat EMptor

2 1 Reply
Dusty

Dec 29, 2011

I ordered a S&W 9c from them. The website advertised it as coming with 2 12 rd. mags. They shipped it with 2 10 rd. mags. I emailed Grant and he said "no prob, ship them back to us and we'll send you the 12 rd. mags.

I didn't think I should have to pay for shipping for their mistake, and said as much. He assured me that they would take care of the shipping costs. He didn't.

3 0 Reply
Jerry

Dec 02, 2011 Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh

John - your comment below:
"Furthermore, AR15.com has been caught turning over member information to the FBI on at least one occasion."

You left out the part about how the member info turned over was on a service member, who was a wannabe Al-Quaeda sympathizer, who is currently in Club Fed on related charges.

Bowman

Dec 02, 2011

G&R Tactical was booted from AR15.com because they attempted to engage in price fixing.

1-20 of 71 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about G and R Tactical.
Filing a new complaint about
×